[CAUT] Climate Control

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Dec 15 04:43:12 PST 2008

Steve-
Apart from the general consensus that the pianos would not be
damaged, and the general speculation as to how much and for how long
they would be de-stabilized, I wonder just how this particular HVAC
system would accomplish the task of 35% maintenance at 50 degrees.
- what will the outside temperature (and humidity) be over that period?
- how old and / or well insulated are the structures which are home
to the pianos?
- what temp & humidity is the norm?  (claimed / actual?)

If you have a couple of those temp/humidity gauges that store min's &
max's, you might try setting them in a few locations to get an idea
of what transpired, when you return.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY