[CAUT] interesting alternative tuning experience

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Dec 17 10:09:19 PST 2008

Hi Alan,

What the information is telling me is that plate flex happens very close to
or right at the hitch pin. Is the piano strung with individually tied
strings, or is it the style the loops? I was hoping for a "pattern" of
unison smear that might "tell the tale", but apparently it was not
there--or was small enough to be unnoticed.

At 10:58 AM 12/17/2008 -0500, you wrote:
> Hi Don,
>    Interesting point about plate flex, but wouldn't that affect all notes
>rather than explain why only those notes that had been previously tuned
>sharp and left there for so long crept back up (while many of their
>neighboring notes which had been near or below standard pitch did not)?
>
>  And yes, the bass was much more where it was supposed to be after the
>initial re-tuning, but none of the bass notes had been taken so extremely
>sharp to begin with.
>
> Alan

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716