[CAUT] SAMA

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 20 08:37:24 PST 2008

A local dealer here and a tech friend of mine sent a Baldwin grand down
there a couple years or so ago.  He was very happy with the results.  He did
the action work himself (I didn't think SAMA did action work at all).  I saw
the piano, but didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb.  Finish, stringing
and plate refinishing looked very nice, especially for the price.

But I have heard from others that they've had concerns over how long the
work took to complete and how difficult it could be to communicate with
someone at SAMA during the process.  When they've got your piano down there
for months at the time and you can't talk to anyone to find out the status,
that can make one nervous.
Tanner