[CAUT] Thumping Baldwin SF and Bechstein C

Shelley srbanders at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 23 07:34:56 PST 2008

You can even needle the knuckles a bit.  But, definitely check the bedding.
Most thumping/knocking problems are there.
Related:
I just spoke with Sally Phillips about a Bechstein C thumping noise that is
in the back rail. (there are no dags) She has advised to 'kerf' the back
rail with a wedge of veneer.  Sounds like a cabinet makers job.  I've never
done such a thing.  Any help?

Shelley Byrd Anderson