[CAUT] Thumping Baldwin SF

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Dec 23 08:36:10 PST 2008

Ed:

You know, for some reason I always thought the "front rail glide" was a good idea.  Knabe did that on some pianos early in the last century.  I've adjusted them and had good results.  There's something that bothers me about "destructive" ways to adjust things.  Removing wood on the front rail that can never be put back on to adjust the fit seems odd though I'm aware that it has been "traditional" forever.  I just prefer systems that can be actually adjusted.  OK, it's just one of many psychological flaws.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu