[CAUT] Sostenuto

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Dec 30 10:43:15 PST 2008

Hi Fred,

Someone asked on CAUT) if there was music that MUST be played in a manner that would force the piano into this situation. Is there? The first time I heard this in a piano it was a professor that had some piece that had very strict pedal markings, and sure enough, it seemed to be unavoidable. But I'm not a pianist like you so maybe I wasn't reading it correctly and, maybe the professor wasn't either. What say ye?

Regards,
Jim Busby