[CAUT] P22 Foam Core in Keybed/Player

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jan 5 12:24:49 PST 2009

All,

Have any of you installed a player system in a P22? I understand there is a foam core in the keybed to reduce noise. I called Yamaha to verify this and they said some indeed do. If that is the case, then cutting out the back for the tray may be disastrous for keybed stability. When the tray is screwed into solid wood the keybed becomes stable again. Any thoughts, experiences? Would a UST7 be better? (We own 276 P22s and 31 UST7s)

BTW, we want to install a player unit for the practice room for the "theater and dance" students. We own 27 Disklaviers and are looking for cheaper alternatives, since these units DON'T need to record, just playback.

Thanks.

Jim Busby BYU