[CAUT] HVAC information

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jan 6 07:15:46 PST 2009

Great work, John!

I don't have any particular questions to pose, but am really interested in
what your friend can teach you (and hopefully us). If you can forward
anything, that would be great!  I just found out a new HVAC for our music
building would run about $6 million...and with huge budget cuts to come
next fiscal year, it won't happen :>(
A class at national would also be great...I'd be there

Paul

John Minor <jminor at illinois.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
01/05/2009 02:30 PM
Please respond to
jminor at illinois.edu; Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

caut <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] HVAC information

I'm planning to have an long chat/interview this Friday with a friend who
is an HVAC engineer in search of some answers that might assist us in
communicating with our building engineers and temperature control people.
I believe if we understand these complex systems a bit better, we might
get better results when attempting to have the systems serviced.

I'm open to "questions" I can pose to him from this list, possibly taking
along a recorder so I can get his answers down correctly.

I plan to ask just HOW our commercial HVAC systems work, what typically
goes wrong, and some clues we can look for to determine just what's gone
wrong.

I'd also like to try to talk him into offering a class at a national on
this subject for the CAUT group as well!!!

John Minor
University of Illinois