[CAUT] MTNA Competitions

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jan 15 08:49:16 PST 2009

Dennis:

We had an MTNA regional competition here last year and they had some special rules about pianos.  I don't remember it all but I do know that the contestants got some warm up time on the competition piano and it had to be the same piano that they were using for the competition.  That weekend was hectic because we had another competition here the day before and had to move their performance piano from one room where they practiced, to the recital hall for the finals.  Even under that complication they weren't difficult to work with though that probably depends a lot more on the individuals involved rather than the competition format.

We have several competitions here every year (a large one this coming weekend) too many in my view but no one asks me!

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu