[CAUT] Speaking of Bach (was: temperament for Schubert)

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 19 17:47:03 PST 2009

Fred-
I wasn't claiming retuning for every piece.
I was just suggesting that perhaps Bach was practical in a professional way,
and that if we had a daily tuning record we might find that he didn't tune
his instruments exactly the same in a dogmatic Bach WT, but was satisfied
when things were good for what was needed.
I don't see how we'll ever know.
I eschew dogmatic responses of all casts, and tune to please.
Ed S.