[CAUT] Scheduling Arrggs!

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 14:26:14 PST 2009

Sounds like you are on the right track.  Now that you have some people treating you with some consideration, it may be time to start differentiating between those folks who are acting (and treating you) professionally and those who have yet to learn.  I don't know about other CAUTs, but the analogy for me is to child-rearing: you do get a second chance, but people who put me in bad positions due to their habitual negligence just don't get the same "bend-over-backwards" responsiveness from me as those who "behave" most of the time.  While we all prefer the carrot, if there is no stick, the carrot ceases to have any meaning.  My stick may take the form of, "Oh, gosh, I wish I could help you out, but it just isn't possible on such short notice this time."  YMMV.

Alan Eder