[CAUT] Scheduling Arrggs!

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Fri Jan 23 06:12:31 PST 2009

Paul,
in my world regular time is 8am-5pm weekdays. Anything over or under is OT and charged at 1.5x. This can get more respect for your time and sometimes actually change things, but at the very least I feel better about getting up to work longer hours.
Everyone should charge this way. I suppose venues could hunt around to find some fool who will work cheaper but so far it has not happened in 15 years of this policy. I think that once you are the tuner of choice it is not an issue. After all they pay the stage hands, cops, custodians etc the same way.
BTW I charge 1.5x on Saturdays, 2.0x on Sundays and national holidays. When I started that I thought that at least I would get my Sundays back but it never happened. But my income did go up significantly.
Be well
Chris Solliday