[CAUT] Schubert and Equal Temperament

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 08:07:03 PST 2009

Fred,Is there any way this could be scanned and published on the PTG website in the member area?Marcel> > > 	I did a little digging and found that Patrizio Barbieri did the  > article on temperament in the Encyclopedia of the Piano, pulibshed by  > Routledge, Palmieri editor. We have a copy on our reference shelf, so  > maybe it is fairly common in university libraries. An excellent  > account of the history of temperament and tuning during the time of  > the piano, with sections that go historically through each region of  > Europe (German, French, English, Italian). Enough detail to give a  > very good overview - eight pages in all. This is something I have  > wanted to have available for a long time, and there it was!> > Regards,> Fred Sturm> University of New Mexico> fssturm at unm.edu> > >