[CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Jan 30 08:23:09 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Israel Stein wrote:

> I sincerely hope that the PTG CAUT committee, currently working on a
> curriculum for endorsement/certification, sees fit to include
> historical temperaments and related acoustical and historical
> knowledge in their curriculum

	A segment on historical temperaments is included in the draft
outline, in connection with a segment on basic maintenance of
historical instruments. I agree with both Israel and Dennis that some
level of knowledge in this field is essential for any professional
level caut. It is an important part of the curriculum in music in
higher education, and plays a role at almost every college and
university.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico