[CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 10:27:36 PST 2009

Jeff writes:
<<  However, it seems that it is the tuners who
are making it their business of selling the historical temperaments, rather
than the customers requesting them because of their knowledge and expertise.<<

       In this instance, the customers are woefully ignorant. Approached
properly, they delight in the resources offered by non-ET tuning.

    >>I think it is a bad precedent for the tuners to have to sell particular
temperaments to musicians who have doctorates in their field if they don't
know they need it.  It sets us up for becoming the experts at this
temperament appropriateness selection process.<<

       I think that is good.  Bill Garlick, long ago, taught us that a large
part of successful customer relations was to be a teacher.  He was right.

>>There is very little time spent on temperament in collegiate music
education.  Apparently, music academia doesn't see it as a high priority. >>

    Yet, but that is changing.

Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26h
mpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)</HTML>