[CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Jan 30 12:29:56 PST 2009

Dennis,
I did this experiment in the store with two Sauter grands, a 6' and a
7'3.  The shorter was in a very mild WT.  It was hands down preferred
by everyone who played, include a Julliard trained concert-artist.  I
mumbled something about working on the larger piano and then tuned it
to WT as well.  They congratulated me for fixing it.  I had prepped
both pianos and there was no obvious (to me) difference in touch and
tone (except in the bass).  They talked about how much more responsive
the 6' piano was until I retuned the 7'3" one, that is...

Guess what all pianos are tuned to in the store now. ;-)  Yes it is
anecdotal evidence, but I'm banking on it.

Andrew Anderson