[CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:54:27 PST 2009

Andrew, what temperament did you use. I was thinking of doing just this next week as I have to prep 2 9' pianos for a sale selection. I might just do that.Marcel Carey> From: andrew at andersonmusic.com> To: caut at ptg.org> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:29:56 -0600> Subject: Re: [CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament> > Dennis,> I did this experiment in the store with two Sauter grands, a 6' and a  > 7'3.  The shorter was in a very mild WT.  It was hands down preferred  > by everyone who played, include a Julliard trained concert-artist.  I  > mumbled something about working on the larger piano and then tuned it  > to WT as well.  They congratulated me for fixing it.  I had prepped  > both pianos and there was no obvious (to me) difference in touch and  > tone (except in the bass).  They talked about how much more responsive  > the 6' piano was until I retuned the 7'3" one, that is...> > Guess what all pianos are tuned to in the store now. ;-)  Yes it is  > anecdotal evidence, but I'm banking on it.> > Andrew Anderson> >