[CAUT] Almost Equal

David Bauguess davidbauguess at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:46:56 PST 2009

Andrew,

Regarding the “Almost Equal” temperament in the Verituner Well
Temperament folder, I first encountered it when I was researching
temperaments for the Unequal Temperament chapter in the User Guide.
Paul Bailey gave me the offsets and the name “Di Veroli Almost Equal”.
As the name indicates, it was designed by Claudio di Veroli. Claudio
contributed much in my research, and when I told him I was going to
ask Dave Carpenter to include it in the Verituner’s pre-installed
temperaments, he suggested I drop his name, as he felt it was more
representative of a number of approximations of ET than it was
anything uniquely original to him. Hence, it is simply named “Almost
Equal”.

It is the second mildest of all of the 46 Well temperaments in the
Verituner with Major 3rds ranging from 12.6 to 15.9 cents.

If you want to share this on CAUT, here are the offsets: