[CAUT] Steinway for sale

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 19:20:54 MDT 2009

Bob,
I'm not sure about the potential of this piano versus one from the '20's or later.  Maybe someone with more experience dealing with older Steinways could speak to that issue.  I know when I was doing a lot of rebuilding in the 1990's (mostly for resale) I tried to stay away from pianos made earlier than the 1920's, mostly because of weak legs, lyres, case damage, etc.  This piano doesn't show as much wear and tear as many from that time period, probably because it has been in this church for quite a while.

I would tend to think that, for institutional purposes especially , once you had a new board and bridges, and rebuild the action as usual, that you would have a piano that would compare well with more modern ones.

Dan