[CAUT] Original SD-10 Key Height

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jul 7 15:33:42 MDT 2009

	I think Eric is right, this is certainly the most plausible
explanation. The felt might not even have been replaced - might have
been wrong in the factory (designs aren't always followed carefully,
felt might be mis-marked, someone might have ordered the wrong felt,
or taken the one for a different model by mistake). The tell tale clue
is that you would have a lot of paper and cardboard punchings at the
balance rail. Reduce them to a standard amount, then go with thinner
back felt enough to get about 2 9/16" height, and you will probably be
fine.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico