[CAUT] Wandering Hammers

denisikeler at aol.com denisikeler at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 13:56:07 MDT 2009

Thanks for all the fast replies!

When I tighten the screws tight, they seem very tight.? I'm mean, you are not able to move the flanges that easily with your hands.? The hammer rail is wood, how can the screw bottom out??

The hammer rail bulging makes sense.? That had not occurred to me.?

First I'll try screwing the screw into the rail without the flange to see if there is a bottoming out issue.? Then I'll remove the sandpaper and try the 2 strip approach.? What grit would someone suggest?

Thanks again!
Denis