[CAUT] Wandering Hammers

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 16:40:51 MDT 2009

>Then I'll remove the sandpaper and try the 2 strip approach.? What
>grit would someone suggest?

I get rolls of sandpaper from Klingspor.
www.woodworkingshop.com

For flat hammer rails:
item # AR20268:  220 grit, F weight paper

For S&S rails:
item # SR98760: 320 grit on cloth
double sided tape to adhere to moulded rail is available at a
hardware store as 1/2" window plastic mounting tape.

Washers I use for S&S hammer flanges: Part Number:  98017A624
http://www.mcmaster.com/#98017a624/=2ou8qk

With the abrasive rolls, I cut long strips, I don't like seams.

Use a small drill bit and make the pilot hole a little deeper to
insure full insertion as Marcel mentioned. Washers too.
--

Regards,

Jon Page