[CAUT] Vertical hammer installation

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 12:38:07 MDT 2009

List,

I've got what may be an obvious question.  I'm preparing to install a set of Abel hammers on a Steinway vertical, and the center lines of the trials are about an eighth of an inch above the center line of the original neighbors.  Would I do well to shorten the shanks enough to line up properly, or is there something else I'm missing.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Rembold
Auburn University