[CAUT] un-lacquered Steinway hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Jul 20 11:26:26 MDT 2009

	Terry Walsh, who is now parts manager for Steinway (Chad Fry
apparently moved to Bolivia to teach English three weeks ago, and
Terry was moved over from the selection room), told me at the
convention that he will be offering Steinway hammers with the option
of pre-lacquered or not. I'm not sure exactly when, but I expect quite
soon. He said he had heard a lot of people asking for it in the
exhibit hall.
	A bit of evidence that Steinway does listen, if people actually take
the trouble to talk to them (not just grouse among themselves).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu