[CAUT] un-lacquered Steinway hammers

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Mon Jul 20 12:22:17 MDT 2009

When I was at the NY Tone Regulating class last fall I spoke to Chad
about the possibility of getting an entirely new vertical action, with
an eye towards the possibility of retrofitting one of the old
double-flanged monsters. There was a time when the new K-52 vertical
frame/rail assembly was actually listed in the parts list, but that was
quite a while ago. At any rate, they had never had such a request, but
Chad's response was "If you need one give me a call and we'll figure
something out", so yes, they do really see their job as "being there"
for the tech community. I'll miss Chad, but I'm sure that Terry will
keep up the good work!

- Mark