[CAUT] un-lacquered Steinway hammers

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 12:53:59 MDT 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Mark Dierauf wrote:

> When I was at the NY Tone Regulating class last fall I spoke to Chad
> about the possibility of getting an entirely new vertical action,
> with an eye towards the possibility of retrofitting one of the old
> double-flanged monsters. There was a time when the new K-52 vertical
> frame/rail assembly was actually listed in the parts list, but that
> was quite a while ago. At any rate, they had never had such a request,

That's odd.  I bought a new action from them when the "new" K first
came out.  Besides installing hammers and dampers, you also have
replace the dowel capstans.  They were quite helpful . . . even
provided blueprints to help with the action placement.

I have photos (film, of course) buried somewhere.

Carl D. Root, RPT