[CAUT] Kawai GS60 Bore distance

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 10:25:30 MDT 2009

1.  I'm putting a new set of hammers on a Kawai grand.  I'm measuring 130 mm on hammer bore distance for this Kawai GS60 - does this match their specs?

2.  Typically, how strong are Kawai soundboards?  Aren't they CC?  I'm hoping these new hammers will help sustain return somewhat - I have tried voicing and shaping to practically no avail.  These have already been shaped a couple of times at least anyway so they're getting down there.  It's had about 13 years of very heavy usage.
 I will measure downbearing later today.  Mainly from about Bb 4 up through octave 5, maybe some of 6 are lacking in sustain quite a bit.

Bob Hull