[CAUT] Kawai GS60 Bore distance

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 10:40:34 MDT 2009

While a properly voiced hammer will help give you the maximum sustain
offered by soundboard, it won't give you sustain that a soundboard is unable
to deliver.  Sample some different hammers in the critical sections and see
what offers the best compromise between attack and sustain keeping in mind
that the more sharp and/or percussive the attack the shorter the perceived
sustain.  The problem areas you describe are classic "killer octave"
diminished soundboard capacity areas.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com