[CAUT] Thanks! (PTG Convention and institute)

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Thu Jul 23 12:09:20 MDT 2009

  _____

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
wimblees at aol.com
Sent: July 22, 2009 8:33 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Thanks! (PTG Convention and institute)

So, first of all, these shanks are not going to break under "normal" use. But
when they do break, you can "meld" them back together. I asked Kirk if I could
align a wippen by heating the flange, and repositioning it under the knuckle. He
said he hadn't tried it, but warned me by doing so, it might void the warrantee.
:)

Keeping in mind, of course, that the flanges are made of a completely different
material.

ddf