[CAUT] Wieckert felt?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon Jul 27 14:48:31 MDT 2009

Sorry I'm a few days behind on this Fred. Thanks for your excellent report
on the convention. I'm a little confused with the following comment though;

"Weickert felt (a product of the Wurzen felt company licensed exclusively to
Renner)"

It seems I've been discussing "Wurzen" and "Weickert" interchangeably, and
am now confused somewhat beyond the usual. Can anyone help with the
following?

.         The Renner USA Premium Blue hammer, is made exclusively with
WURZEN felt, but not necessarily with the Weickert product?

(I can't imagine any similarity between the ABEL natural felt and a Renner
Premium Blue, though both are significant products in their own right)

.         How does Renner (Europe) market/label hammers made with the
Weickert felt?

.         Don't Ronsen and Pacific Piano Supply make hammers with the
Weickert felt, or are these just generic WURZEN felt?

.         Are the Ronsen Wurzens and Pacific Supply hammers similar, the
same (made by Ray for Pacific, etc.) or entirely different ?

Thanks all,

Mark Cramer,

Brandon University