[CAUT] piano storage room

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jul 27 17:50:54 MDT 2009

I tuned for a piano concerto performed at a large high school in
southwest Virginia.  They had a "B" at least 40 years old, and I was
expecting the worst (I was tuning for the concert series, but didn't
maintain this piano).  Summers are humid, and winters are cold.

They had a locked windowless storage room in the wings, with no HVAC
at all in it, where it was kept most of the time.  To my surprise, it
was in good shape.  I think there's a great benefit in being out of
the constantly changing airflow of institutional buildings.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
ABQ, NM
www.shusterpiano.com