[CAUT] "key coloration"

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Sun Mar 8 14:22:38 PDT 2009

> "riddle," and it is insoluble..

> How true...this helps keep life interesting!  And us, employed!

Three contiguous Mj3rd can be used to balance the octave..is there a
better way aurally to set two precise markers inside the octave?

As far as using M3rds in the temperment, sure, P5ths and other
intervals need to be used..,.but...
Nine contiguous Mj3rds can be used in setting  a 13 note temperment....

I think the point of coloration, historically, and now,  is more likely
to be focused on the M3rd as the primary interval of contention, for
the listener.

Dan Reed
Dallas, Tx