[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon May 4 10:26:39 PDT 2009

Mark Cramer wrote:

> I think the main idea behind the 3/8” plug Ron, as you probably know, is
> to do a repair from the top without having to overly enlarge the
> tuning-pin hole through the plate.

Sure, but that would be an emergency, very limited number of
plugs. If you're doing a whole set, there's no excuse for not
pulling the plate and either replacing the block, routing out
for section inlays, or at the very least using 1/2" plugs.
You've got to give yourself a fighting chance, after all.
Ron N