[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Tue May 5 10:04:17 PDT 2009

Hi Fred,

It works just fine in dry conditions. But you can't skimp on the
application. A drop or two may not "do the job" on an extremely loose pin
especially in dry conditions. I always recommend humidity control be
installed after a successful treatment, but I recommend humidity control
before treatment is needed (and then it may never be needed LOL!)

CA glue works even better on blocks that have had the old tuning pin
tightern applied. Reduced amounts of CA would be indicated on blocks that
have it.

I wish I had the courage to try squirting CA *up* from the bottom--but I
think it would make a heck of a mess.