[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue May 5 10:50:16 PDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Jeff Tanner wrote:

> Even on the pins I have tried it on that weren't driven deep, the CA
> just kind of pooled around the pin as if it weren't going down. So,
> I figured that's what would happen in this case as well.

	I've had cases where more or less a dam was made between the top of
the pin and the bushing or top of the block, probably where too little
or too thick a CA formula was used, and then the extra thin CA
wouldn't go past it, and would just pool. And I have needed to pull
the pin and apply directly to the hole in that case. (And I could see
that there had been next to no penetration).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu