[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Tue May 5 16:18:13 PDT 2009

I use CA maybe 5 times @ year...been doing this for 15 years...

What helps tremendously, if the CA doesn't do the trick, is to tap in
the pins...just a little bit...a small amount of  depth increase does a
disproportionally amount of good...

Really...try it....knocking them down to the plate is not necessary to
increase the tightness...Ron will probably tell us why....

Also, I found a way to keep from frying the brain cells during CA
application....

Bring a piano quilt or big towel, and cover the section you have just
finished, while doing the next section...CA fumes are REALLY bad on the
body...Don't tough-it out...

Save your breathing apparatus for more important things, like getting
oxygen into the blood....

Dan Reed
Dallas, Texas