[CAUT] Piano covers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed May 6 06:06:17 PDT 2009

So far,
We've only purchased one for our main Steinway D.  It's well made,
lightweight, waterproof, shock proof fireproof.  Much easier to put on and
take off than the heavy cotton ones.  As these other cotton ones wear out,
I'll certainly order more from Jill!

Best,

Paul T. Williams RPT
Univ. of Nebraska/ Lincoln

"Graves, Tony J." <tjgraves at bsu.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/06/2009 06:52 AM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Piano covers

I'm going to be replacing torn up piano covers and in the past a few of
you
have recommended "Instrument Covers by Jill"  I've contacted them and
gotten
samples. I have a few questions
    For those of you that have gotten the padded covers do you feel that
they hold up better despite the normal wear and tear than covers from
other
supply houses?
    The padded covers seem to be made with good materials, but what do you
think about the foam padding vs. the cotton padding that others usually
use
from other supply houses?

Thanks

--