[CAUT] Semantics

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat May 9 14:00:24 MDT 2009

Hi Jeff,

>From the Kawai web site:

"When the strings of an acoustic piano are struck, the resulting vibrations
are transferred, or transduced, onto the soundboard via the wooden bridge
over which the strings are strung. You'll find bridges on all stringed
acoustic instruments, from violins to guitars."

I hope that helps with your understanding.

At 02:16 PM 5/9/2009 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm not a physicist and don't use the word "transduce".  I'm still not
sure I
>know the definition of it.  That's why I didn't use it.  It wasn't
>"available". Not everyone is up to speed on your language.  Only a handful
of
>people will know the difference.  I used the word I knew the way most
>everybody I know uses it.  I didn't know I was causing a disturbance in the
>force.
>Jeff

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716