[CAUT] Semantics

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Mon May 11 15:19:42 MDT 2009

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your post.  I'd like to say that I don't think it is so much that we are struggling with keeping straight the technical details as being flat out scorned for using vocabulary as it is commonly taught and understood.

I am, particularly, like some of the others, struggling with why we are not being allowed to implement the definition of "amplified" as being "made larger or more powerful", when that is EXACTLY what the overall effect is, regardless of what the chain of individual processes are called that are going on that combine to make the whole.

We are neither ignorant nor stupid.  There is more than one definition of the word "amplify" and those who are warring to limit that to one are those who are making the communication process difficult and confusing.

Tanner