[CAUT] Semantics

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Wed May 13 08:02:12 MDT 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a longintudinal wave be a sound type of
wave, only in a different medium? It has speed that can be measured and
reflects off of things.

When something vibrates it is because it is under tension and fixed with a
flexible center or end so it wants to return to center. This can happen on a
cellular or fiber level as in a block of wood.

Keith Roberts