[CAUT] "Simple Green" cleaner wins!

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu May 14 09:35:04 MDT 2009

And the winner is... Simple Green!

We tried all the products/ideas to clean fingerprints, etc. and "Simple Green" was by far the best. Whomever gave that answer wins lunch and a big pat on the back. Thanks!

Murphy's Soap worked next best, but it actually removed slight amounts of finish, manifested on the cloth. Simple green cleaned as well but no finish residue. It was quite nice to find this after trying about any cleaner we could find.

All the other products were tried, but it seems that Simple Green worked on any finish better than all the rest. Dilute it 20 to one. The label says 1/10 for heavy cleaning and 1/30 for light. 1/20 seems to be right for what we want.

Jim Busby BYU