[CAUT] Baldwin replacement hammer butt and catcher material

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon May 18 18:20:43 MDT 2009

Pianotek has the Ecsaine material to replace these items. There is
some regulation
to do because the new butt material is thicker than the old. Search
the archives for my
pix on the procedure.

BTW, I think the Ecsaine catcher fabric is exquisite. It made an old
Bluthner action
come to life, a luxurious touch. Hard to believe the effect of
changing the back check
material to affect touch perception. I am also now a fan of the
softer metal backcheck wires.
Less impact seems to contribute to a smoother landing; less impact
back to the finger.
--

Regards,

Jon Page