[CAUT] Tuning Fork Therapy

Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba) sloaneba at ucmail.uc.edu
Tue May 19 09:23:59 MDT 2009

   I would like to implore the CaUT community in a time of great anxiety to show empathy to some of those who are people with stress, not stressed. Tuning fork therapy is an option. I encourage many to find the help you need in realizing you may
"Discover how Sound and Vibrational Healing Therapies using tuning forks can bring balance, stress relief and even pain reduction through simple methods and techniques."
http://www.tuningforktherapy.com/

   I know not many piano technicians do not think they need "tuning fork therapy" these days, but Gardiner Brown has a more therapeutic approach to hearing loss, and I think that many on the CaUT list may be in denial.
http://www.indigo.com/tuning/medical-tuning-forks.html

   Take comfort, this is not a crisis intervention. You are free to proceed with your visual aids.

   There is some guy named John Walker who invented a tuning fork that helps the piano technician with the fact that Ed Sutton observes, finding:

"Waving a needle back and forth 440 times a second won't make a sound."

   You can find it here:
http://www.indigo.com/tuning/john-walker-music-tuning-forks.html
   That should help you with to assuage this new rampant epidemic that has stormed the nation of soundless vibrations. It is this A-440 tuning fork that has provided me with the most help with this catastrophic influenza. I highly recommend it.

One more question. If a string does not make a sound, why do we need tri-chords?

-          Respectfully submitted, Ben