[CAUT] Yamaha "hybrid" piano

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue May 19 15:03:26 MDT 2009

Hi-

A few of our piano faculty are interested in this new hybrid piano as an
alternative to moving a large concert grand for events with non-prominent
piano needs to go with various ensembles.  Maybe it's too new for anyone to
have experiences, but please share any that might be out there.  They figure
it could probably pay for itself with saved moving expenses in about 5
years.  I wondered about the possibility of some groups using it on tours to
eliminate the unknown variable of pianos on the road.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College