[CAUT] Yamaha "hybrid" piano

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed May 20 11:24:10 MDT 2009

A more accurate execution of a hybrid piano would be the PianoDisc I
recently sold.

It had a midi strip under the keys supposedly for record function
(laughable because of the amount of editing required) but you could produce
digital sounds by playing the keyboard. So one could augment the acoustic
piano sound with a digital sampling. Using a piano sample made the piano
sound fuller.

Here you actually have a piano hammer hitting the strings to produce
the dynamic
range since I tweaked the weight and leverage to play unlike the
usual Asian piano.
I also voiced it to a rounder sound... quite an impressive 5' piano.

That is a hybrid, a real piano with midi/digital augmentation; not a
digital sampling
with a replica of acoustic action.

It'll be an expensive doorstop in a few years.
--

Regards,

Jon Page