[CAUT] M&H "A" stability

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu May 21 13:15:15 MDT 2009

Thanks Wim,

I'll do it over about 3-4 weeks.

Jim

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of wimblees at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:53 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] M&H "A" stability

Jim

A thought came to me yesterday while tuning a piano. I think you said that you had not analyzed each string to see what was happening to it. I think to really get a sense of what's going on, it might be worth the time and effort to take measurements of each string over a period of a couple of weeks or even months, and see if there is a pattern of some sorts. I would suspect, as have others, that there is a rendering problem. But without knowing exactly which strings are doing what, it will be very difficult to figure you what the problem really is. and you won't be able to fix it until you know that.

Just an idea.

Wim