[CAUT] Double loop German stringing

pnotnr at aol.com pnotnr at aol.com
Sat May 23 13:56:44 MDT 2009

 So the benefit of using a double loop (or eye) is that it does not cinch up on the hitch pin like a single?? Is there any other advantage?

I have probably over thought this, but I'm wondering if the double loop can cause the wire to leave the hitchpin slightly higher (like 1/2 the wire thickness) then a single loop, thereby affecting downbearing.? Probably too little to be a concern, (?)

Gordon Large, RPT