[CAUT] Festspillene in Bergen

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri May 29 23:59:43 MDT 2009

At 04:20 PM 5/29/2009, you wrote:
>Hi folks... Thanks for the great feedback.  Was feeling pretty nice
>myself listening to that piece. Everything fell into place that
>nite, not just my own work. As far as the piano itself..

Yeah, fun to listen to something like that. Sometimes I do it over and over.

>  Its a S&S D serial # 518xxx and the hammers were replaced by me last year.

Hamburg Steinway, I assume. Not too much later than the one at
Linfield College -- 515530. I used to remember that number: "When do
you expect to be done?" "Oh, five-fiteen or five-thirty ..." <grin>

>  I had a nice long talk with my co-festival technician these past
> couple years since he joined us here in Norway, Eric Schandall this
> evening.  It never ends... trying to get better. If there is a
> secret I guess its hanging onto that thought as best as being human
> allows us to do.

Eric Schandall I feel is our buddy out here on the west coast -- I
believe he started in British Columbia. I heard one of his very early
voicing classes, before he went to Steinway. If you see him again,
give him my regards.

>  Different player, different music... piano voiced up a bit... yet foggier.
>Strange stuff ! :)  You can find this recording at the same spot...
>just click on 29.05 instead of 28.05.  It is also in the second half
>of the concert.

Voicing of the Shostakovich was really lovely.

>Great fun regardless.... pianist was very happy, as were the others
>and it was a tremendous experience working with them for three days
>leading up to tonites show.  I really do like the Festivals here in town.

You obviously are having a great time.

Cheers
Susan