[CAUT] practice rail

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Nov 5 09:55:46 MST 2009

I've installed their QuietKeys product on my own console for the same
reason, and it works pretty well for the purpose (if a little over-
priced).  It's aluminum, with an oversized amount of felt that you
trim to fit.  The fixed part of the frame clips onto tuning pins, and
a scissors mechanism moves the piece holding the felt up and down. The
cable works just like a bicycle brake cable.  I ran it out over the
top of the bottom board cover and attached it to the underside of the
keybed.  I didn't have to make any adjustments to letoff (I haven't
actually regulated this piano since I got it).

I can send a picture if you like.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM