[CAUT] A=440 once again

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Nov 11 13:55:09 MST 2009

One thing I've noted when moving the pitch on S&S Ds is that the
higher you go the worse the "killer octave" gets.  I've been keeping a
D in a poorly controlled climate at 441 because concert lighting and
audience temperature change are more then enough to pull it down to
440 or even lower.    We had it at 442 for a while but octaves five
and six sure sound a lot better lower at 441 even better at 440 or
lower.

Andrew Anderson